The poor deserve the very best in solutions.
Healthabitat O/S is a not-for-profit company aiming to improve and advance the health and standard of living of people living in poverty throughout the world, primarily through facilitating the improving of their housing and surrounding living environment.
HH O/S is a subsidiary of Healthabitat established in 2015. Healthabitat is a social business whose projects make immediate and measurable improvements to living conditions that contribute to good health. The work of Healthabitat started in the mid 1980s working for Australian Indigenous people in Central Australia and spread nationally then internationally. HH O/S projects utilise the Housing for Health methodologies and principles of the Australian work established by HH.
WHAT WE DO
We aim to improve and advance the health and standard of living of people living in poverty throughout the world, primarily through facilitating the improving of their housing and surrounding living environment.
- has a health focus,
- works with local partners to develop and sustain ongoing skills and management,
- delivers high quality technical solutions that immediately improve the local living environment and health,
- provides the means for local people to monitor the performance of the solutions installed or developed – including the development of training material,
- integrates the skills of trades associated with WorldSkills (WS) and the resources of the WorldSkills Foundation (WSF), International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) and the World Plumbing Council (WPC)
- encourages the support and direct involvement of the WPC, IAPMO and other partners in planning, material selection and specification, product procurement and the use of skilled staff,
- includes students (trade and university level) from a range of disciplines whenever possible to ensure the goals, principles and methods of the projects are transferred to future generations.